At Darling Harbour, we encourage opportunities for performances that add to the colour and vibrancy of the public domain, including buskers who contribute entertainment and thought-provoking experiences for visitors.
Busking permits are issued to make sure we have a diverse range of acts that are safe and benefit our unique precincts.
Busking during the Covid outbreak
Before applying for a busking permit, make sure your act complies with the Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority Busking Policy.
Applying for a permit
- Current Public Liability Insurance Certificate of $10M (Property New South Wales as an interested party)
- Proof of identification
- Parental consent (if under 18 years of age)
- A Visa or Mastercard for payment of the $20 administration fee
- A recent standard size facial photo
- Buskers wishing to perform using dangerous materials at the sites covered by this policy are required to hold
- a current City of Sydney Special Busking Permit (please refer to cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au) or
- the ACAPTA P.A.S.S. (Peer Assessment for Street Safety) issued by ACAPTA Australian Circus and Physical Theatre Association (www.acapta.org.au)